Preparation for the examination
During preparation for this examination there are few rules you have to obey to get the best results and efficiency of the procedure.
Before the procedure
- A patient prepares to the capsule endoscopy in the same way as in case of a colonoscopy.
During the procedure
- You can perform usual, daily activities
- During the examination with endoscopy capsule you cannot get through MRI SCAN due to the risk of damage of gastrointestinal tract and even its perforation.
- You should avoid intensive physical activities
- You cannot eat and drink (except for still water) for 12 hours during the examination (minimal time is 8 hours)
- You have to drink still water (preferably: one glass for one hour)