Colonoscopy is an examination of the lower part of the gastrointestinal tract, which enable to see the large bowel’s mucosa.. The procedure is carried out with use of soft and flexible instrument called colonoscope. It makes possible to reach large bowel from the anus. INTER-MED offers the colonoscopy procedures both in Frome of the NFZ contract and on the commercial basis.
The colonoscopy can be carried out as:
1. Diagnostics procedure of the Lower part of gastrointestinal tract
2. Prevention procedure of the large bowel cancer
3. Procedure of polypectomy (to the specified size of polyps, big ones should be removed in hospital).
4. Control examination in case of patients with formerly removed polyps (after adequate time).
5. Before or after some of surgical procedures.
6. Diagnostic examination of intestinal mucosa caused by inflammatory bowel diseases.